ZLD FOR FGD PURGE WATER
ZLD FOR fgd WATER
Coal-fired steam electric power generation consumes tremendous amounts of water and generates large volumes of wastewater and wastewater byproducts. Three of the more difficult waste streams to manage are Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) purge water, leachate from power plant landfills, and wastewater from generating station evaporation ponds.
FGD PURGE WATER, LANDFILL LEACHATE, WASTEWATER FROM EVAPORATION PONDS AND VOLUME REDUCTION TO ZERO LIQUID DISCHARGE (ZLD)
Heartland’s LM-HT® Concentrators offer unique proven approaches to treat these challenging waste streams in a single-step evaporative process without the need for pre-treatment .
THE HEARTLAND SOLUTION
Proven, proprietary LM-HT® Concentrator technology uniquely positions Heartland to offer the power industry simple, effective and reliable solutions to wastewater management challenges.
Our power industry solution is unrivaled in the marketplace. Advantages to existing industry-standard technology include:
- Concentrates to a saturated brine, slurry, or ZLD in a single unit operation
- Processes the widest range of waste water chemistries and variability
- Uses waste heat from turbines or engines, flue gas, or direct-fired burners
- Delivers best-in-class availability—only two moving parts
- Does not use heat exchangers, thereby preventing scale, fouling and corrosion
- No pre-treatment required for most wastewaters
- Full PLC controls integrated with plant operations
- Low CAPEX and OPEX
Our reliable treatment system is capable of processing the diverse range of water chemistries found in evaporation ponds, FGD purge water and landfill leachate created from bottom ash, fly ash, boiler slag, and other FGD byproducts. Residuals may be further solidified using a proprietary process for landfill disposal, generally passing both the USEPA TCLP and Paint Filter tests.
We invite you to learn more about our process and technology. For more information, please contact John Weigold at firstname.lastname@example.org.